Blueberry Infused Oatmeal
I don't know about y'all, but when I find a breakfast that I like there is no stopping me from eating it every. single. day. until I can no longer look at it ever again. But so far this is a recipe that has surpassed my limitations of obsession and me and this bowl of oatmeal are now 3 years strong together.
For those who are curious, my other fave meals that I eat religiously and have yet to get sick of are:
Avocado toast (don't even act like that's basic because I know it's your favorite, too.)
and Special K cereal with almond milk. Which is also titled: my freshman 15. We don't speak much these days.
What I love most about this oatmeal (aside from the fact that it tastes SO good and is v pretty) is that even just a small bowl fills me up and gives me instant energy in the mornings. Meals that sustain me all the way until lunch deserve an award for such an accomplishment. This 15 minute breakfast will not disappoint!
- 1 1/2 cups of Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (make sure it's the good stuff. I don't want any Mrs. Butterworths junk up in this recipe)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (I usually add more. It's whatever you prefer)
- a pinch of salt
- fresh fruit for topping
- In a pot, add oatmeal and blueberries then cover with water. Bring to a boil and then back down to medium heat.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally to make sure the blueberries are breaking up. Cook until water is almost all gone. About 10 minutes.
- Add oatmeal to a bowl and top with whatever fresh fruit you have on hand! I always add cold strawberries to mine and switch up the rest. Coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds, bananas, coconut yogurt, etc.